CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Psalm 27:4

Psalm 27:4 (NIV) - "One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." One of the challenges of life these days is that we have too many choices. When I was a kid, there were only 3 channels of TV to choose from - NBC, ABC, or CBS. Now with digital cable and satellite we have hundreds of channels to choose from and we still can't find something to watch. It used to be you could have either chocolate or vanilla, - now there's 31# flavors and we can't decide which one we want. (I prefer frozen yogurt :) - 16 different flavors each day.) Our crayon boxes had only 3 colors - now the boxes have 64 colors (some with names we can't even pronounce). I think we need to learn to focus on ONE THING! David's one thing showed his priority and his DESIRE. His one thing was to cultivate a relationship with his God - seeking, dwelling, beholding, and inquiring. (Inquiring hearts want to know) What is our One Thing - our chief desire - our main pursuit? We have wish lists of many things we would like to have and even for prayer we make lists of requests to ask of the Lord. What if you had to narrow it down to One thing? The Message reads this way - "I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet."

0 comments: